Details About PM Technician Certification
Mainstreamís PM Tech certification is free, and covers all aspects of acid and moisture detection, acid removal, water removal, compressor maintenance, coil maintenance, proper refrigeration charging techniques, advanced diagnosis, and leak testing procedures. Prior to obtaining Mainstreamís PM Tech certification, the technician must have an EPA 608 certification from an EPA approved certifying agency, such as Mainstream.
Only 608 CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS can obtain a PM Tech certification. The PM Tech certification exam is free, and instructions for taking the exam are provided below. The exam consists of 25 questions, related to preventative maintenance and proper use of QwikProducts to service, repair and maintain air conditioning, refrigeration, and heat pump systems.
Exam Procedure and Exam Rules
- This is an open book exam, you may use the manual freely, but you may not receive help from any other person.
- Study the PM Tech Reference Manual.
- The Exam consists of 25 multiple choice questions. You must get at least 21 correct to pass. All the answers are in the PM Tech Reference Manual.
- You must be EPA Type I, Type II, Type III, or Universal Certified to obtain PM Tech certification. If this certification was not obtained from Mainstream, you must mail or fax us a copy of your certification card to:
PM Tech Certification Program
Mainstream Engineering Corporation
200 Yellow Place
Rockledge, FL. 32955
- PM Tech certification is free. However, if you wish to purchase a plastic certification card, Wall Certificate, PM Certification decal or patch, include the completed Order Form and payment.